All the Benefits Plus Privacy
The closed-back LCD-XC offers all the benefits of the LCD Collection’s open designs and isolates the listener while reducing ambient noise. No sound escapes the earcups.
Easy to Drive
Like all Audeze headphones the LCD-XC is equipped with Fazor technology and is sensitive enough to be driven directly by portable players like iPods, iPhones, and the better smartphones but an external amplifier produces better results.
Improved Focus and Clarity
Fast, dynamic and accurate sound using our proprietary technology that eliminates breakup modes found in other designs and improves focus and clarity.
Audeze’s patent-pending Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. Two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets and are standard on all LCD headphones.
- Loads the diaphragm with a symmetrical acoustic load
- Improves acoustic impedance-matching that extends high frequency response and increases efficiency
- Acoustically transparent so sound waves generated by the surface of the moving diaphragm pass through the magnetic structure undegraded
- Improved phase response at high frequencies
- Eliminates edge-diffraction of sound waves around magnetic structures
- Sound waves generated by our large planar magnetic diaphragms pass through magnetic structures without disturbance preserving recorded detail
- Phase distortion further reduced at high frequencies
- Improved Impulse response
- Better acoustic matching, symmetrical loading and minimized edge diffraction result in cleaner, more detailed and transparent output
- Impulse response measurements with Fazors clearly show our planar element settles faster with less ringing