The new Blackbird was built upon the innovative technical foundation of the Woodpecker, with a goal of taking its remarkable sound quality even further. In addition to the refinement in performance, Dr. Feickert Analogue also wanted to offer dual tonearm mounting in an affordable package.
In order to increase performance as well as accommodate the dual tonearm mounts, the base was increased in size. This aids both authority and overall dynamics. Mounted in this new and larger chassis is a new dual motor design supported by new controller software. The two motors are configured in a 180° position around the bearing in order to cancel out all reactive forces that can cause gyration of the platter. This results in significantly reduced rumble, wow and flutter.
The Blackbird is available by itself or as part of a complete package that includes a 12″ Jelco tonearm and the Acoustical Systems Arché headshell. In both cases, the Blackbird is available standard in piano black lacquer (pictured) or in optional rosewood.
• Dual motor
• Belt drive
• Dual tonearm mounts
• Quick-release system for tonearms and armboards
• Dimensions: 21″ x 16.5″ x 6″
• Armboard right: 205–320 mm pivot-spindle (9–13 inch effective length)
• Armboard left (optional): 205–240 mm pivot-spindle (9–10 inch effective length)
• Weight: 53lbs
• Warranty: 2 years, with 5 years on the bearing