The LCD-2 is our original “game-changing” headphone and the one that propelled us into a world of rave reviews.
The LCD-2 is the most forgiving of the LCD Collection due to a magnetic structure that provides extremely low distortion. Fast and dynamic with terrific bass, the midrange – where music lives – is superb as are the golden highs. Our proprietary technology eliminates breakup modes found in other designs and improves clarity.
Focus and Frequency Extension
Patent-pending Fazor elements guide and manage the flow of sound in the headphone for improved focus, greater frequency extension top and bottom and remarkable 3D holographic imaging. The LCD-2 must be driven by an external headphone amplifier or integrated amp.
Audeze’s patent-pending Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. Two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets and are standard on all LCD headphones.
- Loads the diaphragm with a symmetrical acoustic load
- Improves acoustic impedance-matching that extends high frequency response and increases efficiency
- Acoustically transparent so sound waves generated by the surface of the moving diaphragm pass through the magnetic structure undegraded
- Improved phase response at high frequencies
- Eliminates edge-diffraction of sound waves around magnetic structures
- Sound waves generated by our large planar magnetic diaphragms pass through magnetic structures without disturbance preserving recorded detail
- Phase distortion further reduced at high frequencies
- Improved Impulse response
- Better acoustic matching, symmetrical loading and minimized edge diffraction result in cleaner, more detailed and transparent output
- Impulse response measurements with Fazors clearly show our planar element settles faster with less ringing