The LCD-X is an extremely efficient headphone that extracts the maximum power out of low-powered amplifiers and portable devices.
The LCD-X is the most neutral of all the LCD Collection. That’s why it’s favored by recording engineers and musicians alike for its fast, dynamic and accurate sound. Our proprietary technology eliminates the breakup modes found in other designs and improves focus and clarity.
Patent-pending Fazor elements guide and manage the flow of sound for improved frequency extension and a more enveloping soundstage. The X is sensitive enough to be driven directly by portable players like iPods, iPhones, and the better smartphones but an external amplifier produces better results.
Audeze’s patent-pending Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. Two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets and are standard on all LCD headphones.
- Loads the diaphragm with a symmetrical acoustic load
- Improves acoustic impedance-matching that extends high frequency response and increases efficiency
- Acoustically transparent so sound waves generated by the surface of the moving diaphragm pass through the magnetic structure undegraded
- Improved phase response at high frequencies
- Eliminates edge-diffraction of sound waves around magnetic structures
- Sound waves generated by our large planar magnetic diaphragms pass through magnetic structures without disturbance preserving recorded detail
- Phase distortion further reduced at high frequencies
- Improved Impulse response
- Better acoustic matching, symmetrical loading and minimized edge diffraction result in cleaner, more detailed and transparent output
- Impulse response measurements with Fazors clearly show our planar element settles faster with less ringing